Why I want to serve
While Roseville is indeed a great place to live, work and to raise our families, the city faces a host of challenges – a weakened economy, traffic congestion, growth, and cuts to education and public safety agencies – that will require difficult decisions to be made. This is a defining moment for Roseville. The decisions made now by elected officials will shape and impact our future for decades to come.
Now, more than ever, it is critical that those running for office bring not only experience but also effective leadership and communication skills. As a business owner and as a member of the city’s Planning Commission, I have a proven track record of listening to all sides of an issue, finding creative, inclusive solutions, and building common ground.
People are hungry for fresh thinking, transparency and accountability. I pledge to bring all of these qualities to City Hall.
As a member of the City Council, I will work tirelessly to:
- Provide fiscally sound responsible leadership
- Strengthen the local economy
- Recruit businesses, including new & green technology employers
- Protect and enhance public safety
- Manage growth
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Increase availability of higher education opportunities
- Improve transparency
- Expand outreach programs for seniors
- Establish “future community leaders” mentoring program
Our senior community represents a wealth of knowledge and experience. I will soon be a senior citizen myself by turning age 55. "I am a passionate advocate for public safety and on record to say our Roseville Police and Fire Services are to always be funded with the state-of-the-art technology to keep our community safe in all ways possible."
- Small Business Owner and Employer
- Vice Chair of the Placer Food Bank Board
- Board Member of Roseville Police Activities League (RPAL)
- Roseville Planning Commission: 2008 to 2016 (2 years as Vice Chair & Past Chair of Commission)
- Served 3.5 years on The Gathering Inn Board (2 as VP)
- Served on Roseville’s Sustainable Action Committee
- Roseville Parks and Recreation Commission: 2005-2008
- Served on Project Play Committee dedicated to the development of universally accessible parks for children
- Helped determine In-Lieu fees for developments regarding parks and open space credits
- Roseville Chamber Mentoring Program 2009
- Roseville Leadership Program 2005
- Roseville Growth Management Vision Committee: 2004
- Revitalization Committee: 2002
I also take great pride in being affiliated with the following organizations:
- Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association (BONA) – recognized as one Roseville’s most active NA’s in city history
- Volunteered for Tommy Apostolos Foundation
- BONA neighborhood charitable drive on behalf of Placer County Food Bank “Its for the Birds” Turkey fundraiser
- NeverForgetOurFallen organization – Toy fundraiser
- News 10 Coats for Kids and for St. Vincent de Paul Society
- March of Dimes
I have lived the majority of my life in San Jose prior to our move to Roseville in 2001. My family background includes being one of six children. We were of modest means in my youth. I was raking leaves and cleaning rain gutters in 3rd grade and purchasing my own clothing in sixth grade. Upon graduation from high school, I taught myself how to paint (residential and commercial) while attending college to pay for my tuition to become of graduate of San Jose State (SJSU). My Bachelors of Science is in Marketing with a minor in Economics.
In mid 2001, I made a career choice to leave a career in software sales in Silicon Valley to move to Roseville with my spouse, Brad Simmons. With no community presence, or income, I have now built a successful insurance agency with Farmers Insurance Group and have two full time employees.
I have a deep personal belief in duty to give back to our community in recognition of life’s blessings. My personal priorities in life are my faith, family and friends.
Spending time in the community
Fundraiser for the Shop with a Cop program in Roseville
Placer Food Bank Turkey Drive last November at the Roseville Automall
I volunteered to be Santa for children last Christmas season
Swearing In Ceremony of the Honorable Judge Todd Irby for Placer County Superior Court
My favorite hobby is kayak fishing and I love spending time with my family
Please join me in making a difference.
I respectfully ask for your support on Tuesday, November 6th - With YOUR help, together we can make our City of Roseville an even better community!